The JUVEDERM® family from Allergan is the largest selling group of hyaluronic acid based fillers in the U.S. These products represent a collection of injectable fillers with each member of the collection offering unique advantages. While the products are marketed by facial area they are not restricted to any given area. The designation “XC” in the product name signifies that it contains lidocaine to ease the discomfort associated with injection. At Total Aesthetics™ we want your filler experience to be as comfortable as possible – we’re pleased to offer both vibrational analgesia as well as ProNox™ to ease the discomfort associated with injection.
The JUVEDERM® collection includes the following:
- JUVEDERM® XC – Formulated for facial wrinkles and folds with up to one year longevity.
- JUVEDERM® Ultra XC – This hyaluronic acid based filler is one of our go-to fillers for use in several facial areas including nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- JUVEDERM Voluma® XC – A product formulated for deep injection into the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults. At Total Aesthetics™ we use JUVEDERM® Voluma XC in many facial areas to provide volumization at a deep level and it can serve as a replacement for facial implants in some circumstances. Because of Voluma’s unique properties, including its two-year longevity, it’s our go-to product for cheek and jawline (including chin) contouring and augmentation.
- JUVEDERM® Vollure™ XC – A filler for facial wrinkles and folds with 18 month duration.
- JUVEDERM® Volbella® XC – Formulated for augmentation of the lips and treatment of perioral lines with one-year longevity.
What are the Aesthetic Goals of Juvederm® at Total Aesthetics™
As one of the most experienced and sought after injectors in New England, Dr. O’Connell’s goal with all relaxers and fillers is to achieve a confident, natural and rested look without an artificial, overdone appearance. We believe that fillers require highly educated injectors with great experience and skill in the area of facial aesthetics, to obtain a natural, “untreated” appearance – that’s why we feel that board certified plastic surgeons are uniquely qualified in this regard.
Why your JUVEDERM® Experience will be different at Total Aesthetics™
- Unlike facilities that utilize ancillary providers like “nurse injectors,” physician assistants, etc. to inject BOTOX® Cosmetic and fillers like the JUVEDERM® collection, at The Total Aesthetics™ you’ll never have to worry about who will be performing your injections – it’s always Dr. Joseph B. O’Connell, an Ivy educated and trained plastic surgeon who has been certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery, practicing in Fairfield County for over 30 years.
- Only legitimate, US FDA-approved JUVEDERM® products are used. All products are sourced directly from Allergan and illegally re-imported, or “parallel imported,” products are never used. At Total Aesthetics™ transparency means value and safety– we’ll even show you the packaging and give you lot numbers.
- We believe that when it comes to relaxers and fillers, one size does not fit all. We’ll carefully review your facial anatomy as well as your aesthetic goals and help you navigate through the many available neurotoxin and filler choices to help you choose the product that will likely provide you with the best result for each area you wish treated.
- Because we source products directly from the manufacturer, we can provide you with all discounts and promotions offered by Allergan, including their Brilliant Distinctions program.
- We commonly utilize local anesthetic blocks and vibrational analgesia to minimize the discomfort associated with filler injection and we’re pleased to offer ProNox™ for your added comfort.
Treatment of nasolabial folds with 1.0 cc JUVEDERM® Ultra XC. Result at one month post-treatment.
Chin and jawline augmentation with JUVEDERM® Voluma.